Professional supervision training
In the future the Methodist Church is going to need professionally trained and qualified supervisors to help supervise senior ministers and to train future supervisors.
For this reason it is willing to sponsor the professional training of 6 supervisors a year for the next few years in order that they might become accredited as senior practitioners with APSE (The Association of Pastoral Supervision and Education).
We are therefore looking for suitably gifted and experienced people to undertake this training.
This year's training event will be held at Wesley House Cambridge, 6 August 2018 to 10 August 2018. The bursary is equivalent to £850 course fees and accommodation.
Criteria for selection
- Have successfully completed a certificate in pastoral supervision or equivalent (25 hours)
- Have supervised for at least 1 year
- Have been in supervision for at least 1 year (at least 9 hours supervision experience)
- Can supply a reference from a supervisee and a supervisor
- Is willing to pursue accreditation as a supervisor with APSE at the senior level
- Is willing to offer (free of charge) supervision within the Methodist Church at least 36 hours per year for the three years following the course).
Those interested should apply to the Connexional Director of Supervision by 1 December 2017 at email@example.com:
- A reasoned statement why they would like to be considered and confirming your intentions to pursue APSE accreditation and to offer supervision within the Methodist Church for at least 3 years.
- A reference from their supervisor stating how long and how frequently they have been in supervision and commenting on their ability to make good use of supervision.
- A reference from a supervisee stating how long and how frequently they have met in supervision and how they have found that experience.