The focus of the Leadership Module is to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding of those in the church with whom concerns may be shared.
This training aims to enable Safeguarding Officers, Ministers and other leaders in churches to develop a deeper understanding of their role and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and to develop confidence in carrying out this role.
By the end of the day participants will:
- understand their role and responsibilities
- appreciate the Church's commitment to safeguarding children, young people and adults; survivors of abuse and people who may be a risk to others
- have sharpened their awareness of the Methodist Church policies and procedures on safeguarding
- know about routes for referrals
- have reflected on the challenges of the leadership role for the Church
- know where to find resources, further help and guidance within and beyond the Church.