Who becomes a church steward?
Across the Connexion, and among church stewards, all
backgrounds, ages and races are represented.
However, there are some common personal qualities among those
who take on the role of church steward.
Some of these qualities are,
- Enthusiasm and friendliness
- Commitment to values of trust, reliability and
- Faithful spirituality, meaning a commitment to prayer, people,
worship and the encouraging of gifts in others
- Prepared to live as an example of Christian living
Because this is such a crucial role in the local church it is
vital that church stewards feel confident in their abilities and
are clear about the expectations of the circuit, the congregation,
other stewards or ministers.
Church stewards are required to be members of the Local Church
(or supernumerary ministers stationed in the Circuit) by Standing
Order 632. Standing Orders can be found in Volume 2 of CPD
- Sign up for e-newslettersKeep in touch with what interests you