Methodist app reborn: now available free for all devices
17 May 2012
A brand new app from the Methodist Church in Britain is now
available on all mobile devices. The app offers users a daily Bible
study, as well as all the latest news, audio and video from the
• Daily Bible studies, featuring a different author each week
• The latest news stories from the Methodist Church in
• Topical podcasts from Methodist Web Radio
• Resources for Christian discipleship
• Blogs from the President and Vice President of the Methodist
Conference, Methodist Youth President and World Church
• View videos through the Church's YouTube channel
• Interact on Facebook and Twitter
• Information about the latest campaigns and the Church's
involvement in the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games
"With the rise of the smartphone, we're more connected than ever
before, and that's something to celebrate," said David Webster, the
Church's Internet Communications Coordinator. "We want people to be
able to make use of our resources across a wide range of platforms.
Our goal is to support Methodists and other Christians as we make
our way as disciples of Jesus in the modern world."
For any current device, including BlackBerry phones, the app can be
downloaded for free through a web browser here. It's also available
free through the
App Store and
Google Play (for Android devices).
This is a brand new app, not an update of the original Methodist
app (launched in May 2010). Users of the original app will need to
delete it and install the new one to enjoy all the features
1. Hi-res images of the app are available to download
2. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.