3Generate is planned and shaped by children and young people for children and young people - alongside a team of adult facilitators from the Connexion (the Methodist Church in the whole of Britain), who specialise in working with children and young people.
It is a speak out event for children and young people and is the Children and Youth Assembly of The Methodist Church (Standing Order 250).
Woven into each year's event will be:
- a chance for children and young people to have a say and vote for their representatives at the Youth President and Youth Rep elections
- a chance to meet up with friends and make new ones - from other Methodist Churches all over the country
- a weekend of conversation, debate, indoor and outdoor activities, games, music, sport, crafts and challenges
- time and space to worship together in a range of creative and imaginative ways
- an opportunity for children and young people to talk about the issues that affect and really matter to them, the world and the Church - to listen to each other and to God.
But don't just take it from us - here's what previous participants think of 3Generate.
Who is 3Generate for?
If you're aged between 8 and 23, 3Generate is for you!
There are lots of activities and entertainment for you to choose from, often organised together but sometimes in age streams: 8-11s (school years 4-6), 11-14s (school years 7-9), 14-18s (school years 10-13) and 19-23s.
More about last year's event - 3Generate 2017
3Generate 2017 took place from 24 to 26 November at Pontins, Southport - a new LARGER venue! We welcomed nearly 1,000 children and young people from all but three districts - including Scotland and the Channel Islands.
View and download:
- the stats for 2017 attendance by region and district
- 8-23s attendance stats from 2013-2017
- the manifesto and other resources for responding and getting involved in your local context throughout the year.
There were some big changes last year:
- for the first time, children and young people and their leaders attended as a group
- leaders now attend the event for free and only need to cover their travel costs
- groups stay in chalets adjacent to their leaders, who are responsible for their care throughout the event
- leaders allocate the rooms within chalets to the members of their groups.
We had great contributors in 2017 - here are some external links:
- IDMC (external link) - Individuals Dedicated to the Ministry of Christ are a gospel soul group who have wowed attendees at 3Generate in recent years and are coming back for 2017.
- Urban Praise (external link) - "You will dance. You will sing. You will jump. This is a promise."
- Vassie (external link) - watch the video for her single 'Victorious', a collaboration with MOBO-award winner, Guvna B!
- Sean Pickering (external link) - Sean is returning to 3Generate again this year to DJ on Saturday night at the Silent Disco. He heads up the SP Project, a Christian music and creative arts outreach project.
- Tony Vino (external link) - Tony is coming to 3Generate to perform a comedy set. He has been touring the comedy scene since early 2005 performing across the UK and internationally.
Click here to watch the promo video for 3Generate 2018, featuring footage of the 2017 event.
To get a flavour for last year's exciting programme, download this PDF to see the range of sessions and activities from 2017.
You can also download a JPEG of the sports and outdoor activities flyer:
In the coming months we'll have lots more news and details for you about all that will be happening at 3Generate 2018.
Keep up-to-date by following 3Generate on Twitter and Facebook. We'll be posting all the latest info to make sure you're really getting excited about your 3Generate weekend. You can also sign-up to receive Well Snapshots and Well News from Methodist Children and Youth, which will provide regular updates and 3Generate News.
Spread the word
Tell all your friends about 3Generate and encourage them to come along too.
If there's anything else you'd like to know about 3Generate, or if you need help with your booking you can contact us here:-