The Heart of Godly Play
Creating Sacred Space
Building and working in community
Learning religious language
Using religious language to make meaning
A Godly Play session includes a time to:-
- get ready
- tell a story using objects and artefacts
- explore the story more with open questions and discussion
- respond with a free choice using a variety of materials - art… silence… play…writing…
- enjoy a simple feast and sharing
Find out more Click Here
What courses can I take in Godly Play?
Godly Play courses vary in depth and detail
- Simple taster sessions
- One day introductions (often in a special Godly Play room)
- Development days (practise some story telling skills, learn a story together, explore a set of stories and make some materials)
- Accredited 3 day core module: provides essential training in Godly Play theory and practice. For details click '3 day courses' on home page
- Accredited Enrichment modules/courses taking people further who have completed the 3 day core module or who have significant experience of Godly Play. For details see Where?
Who are the courses for? Anyone can attend any of these courses - clergy, children's or youth workers (volunteer or employed), school teachers, parents, members of other faiths/none.
Find out dates of courses Click Here