About the MCCN
The City Centre Network aims to
- promote the work of the City Centre Ministries across the Connexion and support those in the active work.
- present and develop the role of city centre ministry.
- provide continuing training and mutual support of those engaged in this ministry.
- encourage good practice in city/town centre ministry
Recognising that the work often
- Requires a focussed, vision led mission strategy.
- Depends on the worship offered being distinctive in style.
- Is focused around a building or location.
- Requires intense resourcing.
- Requires specialist professional support.
- Connects with business and civic life.
- Is reliant on an income stream from lettings.
- Is open to a wide variety of people due to transport links and location.
- Is an open door/24-7 ministry
- Offers potential for reflective space and prayer.
- Offers potential for mid-week worship.
- Has links to Methodist heritage.
- Is full of variety and challenge.
- Is serviced by a variety of staff - lay and ordained, paid and volunteer.
- Connects with a disproportionate number of homeless and vulnerable people
- Requires the church to be abreast of changes in Legislation: especially Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Food Hygiene
The City Centre Network provides
- A forum for the exchange of ideas and resources.
- A regional meeting twice a year that gives opportunity for updates and the sharing of experience.
- A conference every two years.
- The opportunity to collaborate with experienced practitioners.
- Structure and support to aid in church and circuit reviews.
If you would like to host an MCCN meeting in the church or centre of your town or city please send us an email.
Contact the Coordinator of MCCN firstname.lastname@example.org