Examples of overseas opportunities
Partner Churches around the world are always looking for people with professional skills, both lay and ordained, to serve with them in their mission.
Below are samples of requests we have had:
• Caribbean: Ministers who are open, experienced and flexible needed for circuit appointments.
• Argentina: Spanish-speaking minister required for urban work.
• The Pacific: The Methodist Church in Samoa requires tutors, preferably with PhDs, in several disciplines.
• Zambia: The United Church of Zambia Theological College needs tutors at university level in several disciplines.
• Nigeria: Short or long term theology lecturers for post-graduate courses in Systematic theology, Wesleyan studies and Homiletics
Christian doctors, nurses and other medical personnel are urgently needed for short and long-term vacancies, particularly in the following countries:
• Cameroon: The Presbyterian Church in Cameroon requires a doctor, preferably a gynaecologist or surgeon; the hospital emphasis is on primary health care and HIV.
• Kenya: Maua Hospital needs specialists and GPs.
• Rwanda: A Special needs teacher or Occupational therapist
• Sierra Leone and Nigeria: Medical personnel
• Sierra Leone and Nigeria: Agriculturists
• China: Graduates in any discipline to teach English language and western culture at teacher-training colleges and universities in China's western provinces. English language teachers also needed for Methodist secondary schools in Hong Kong.
• Poland: Teachers of English as a foreign language required at Methodist colleges.
• Mongolia: Openings for people holding a CELTA (or similar) qualification.
If you would like to speak to someone to find out more, please contact the World Church Relationships Office on WCR.Admin@methodistchurch.org.uk