Prayer Places Sacred Spaces
Set up a prayer room in your church, school or in a 'tabernacle'
in your local market square.
Offer a variety of stations of prayer, e.g:
• Have a pile of stones that people can place
in the bowl of water as an act of confession, or of letting go of
hurts and anxieties.
• Have gummed paper strips available on which people can write
prayers for peace and justice in the world and then link them
together to form a chain.
• Set up a 'Thanksgiving' board where people can pin up notes
of things they wish to thank God for.
• Use candles (safely!) as a focus for
• Have Bible passages on pieces of card for people to reflect
on and then take away.
• Use music - either to create an atmosphere for the whole
prayer space, or through headphones for individual
labyrinth in a public place, such as a shopping mall, local park or
school and encourage people to enter into a journey of
For inspiration about labyrinths visit
- Sign up for e-newslettersKeep in touch with what interests you