There are many ways of using resources and modern technology to
pray in new ways. Here are just a few:
- Text prayer groups. People commit themselves to pray at a
particular time and text each other as a reminder; or one of the
group texts the others with a prayer or Bible text for
- Set up an e-mail group and send each other prayer ideas and
- Use images to stimulate prayer, e.g. postcards, or images from
magazines can be scattered around a room and people can choose one
that inspires or moves them. Have a time of quiet to pray about
issues that the images bring up and then invite those who feel able
to talk about the experience.
- Magnet magazine is an
excellent source of striking images that can stimulate reflection
- Create presentations use Power Point or OHPs to combine music
and images that might lead people into prayer. This is a great way
of offering intercessions in worship. Use images that reflect the
news and the world around us.
- Set up a Prayer Board at church, low enough for
children to reach. Encourage people to pin prayers onto the board.
Why not have a different theme each week? Shape your note paper to
reflect your theme, e.g. hand shapes for thanksgiving; fish shapes
for prayers about mission; leaf shapes for creation. Have plenty of
pens and pencils available for people to use.
- Sign up for e-newslettersKeep in touch with what interests you