The district is made up of a
number of circuits, and is led by a district chair.
As well, as providing leadership within the district, the chair is
a member of the connexional leadership team, with an overview of
the whole Connexion.
Districts hold a twice yearly district synod
which sets district policy and may bring matters to the Conference.
They also hold a ministerial synod for presbyters and deacons,
which is an opportunity for ministerial training as well as for
Districts differ in terms of the kind of support they offer to
local churches and circuits, but this can often include:
- encouraging connexional priorities
- offering or subsidizing training
- giving pastoral care to ministers, deacons and key lay
- providing people who represent Methodism to the local
- having an overview of legal obligations
- organising large initiatives.
Some changes to district boundaries and titles
were introduced in September 2006, and futher changes to the
Methodist Church in Wales were made in 2007.
District Map: Download a map of the districts
The 31 districts are:
Methodist Church in Wales
Where districts have their own website, these are linked
See the Circuit
and District websites for links to circuits and other
Methodist organisations within each district.
- Sign up for e-newslettersKeep in touch with what interests you