Head Teacher Location: Bath/Bristol Closing Date: 09 March 2020 Interview date: 2nd and 3rd April 2020
HEAD TEACHER L23-27
Due to the retirement of our current Head Teacher, the Trustees are seeking to appoint an exceptional, talented and inspirational leader. This person will have the drive and enthusiasm to promote continuous improvement and lead the Academy to the highest achievement for all.
Selwood Academy is a successful middle school with a unique Anglican/Methodist foundation, situated in the historic market town of Frome close to Bath and Bristol, renowned for its architectural features and its thriving contemporary arts scene.
The Trustees are looking for a leader who:
- Has proven strategic leadership and management experience
- Has an understanding of the management of an Academy
- Is passionate about raising standards of teaching and learning leading to improved attainment
- Has the ability to inspire and motivate all staff, pupils and parents
- Is flexible and forward thinking in a changing environment
- Will promote and celebrate the Christian ethos of the Academy
Above all you will relish the opportunity to drive the Academy forward in a competitive environment and further enhance our flourishing reputation within the community.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon on 9 March 2020
Interview dates: 2 and 3 April 2020.
Further details and application form are available from the website: https://www.selwood.somerset.sch.uk
The successful candidate will take up the post on 1 September 2020.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility - Selwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and we expect all members of staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. This post requires a number of pre-employment checks including a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure.