Online and Film Resources
Online, and Film resources
Uplifting videos that engage across age and community https://soulpancake.com/portfolio_page/kidpresident/
There are a number of Bible Apps and games available on Apple and Android for use on smartphones and tablets. Explore and try them out. Here is one to get you started:
Bible Adventures for Kids is provided by the American Bible Society and designed for ages 7 and under with 10 stories and 20 games, Bible Adventures for Kids is a wonderful app for this age group. I love the “Read to Me” feature.
Watch a film and have a conversation;
Movies of building resilience for young children
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius : When gooey green aliens kidnap all the adults in Retroville, it’s up to 11-year-old Jimmy Neutron to come up with a plan to rescue them.
- Mulan : Disney brings an ancient legend to life in this animated tale of a tomboy who disguises herself as a man so she can fight with the Chinese Army.
- Turbo : A speed-obsessed snail who dreams of being the world’s greatest race car driver gets his chance when an accident imbues him with high-octane speed.
- The Emperor’s New Groove : In this animated Disney adventure, a South American emperor experiences a reversal of fortune when his power-hungry adviser turns him into a llama.
- Toy Story 4
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman: Resurrected from the 1960s animated series “Rocky and Bullwinkle,” canine genius Mr. Peabody and young Sherman take a dizzying ride through time.
- Princess Diaries 2: As the newly crowned princess of the tiny European country of Genovia, teen Mia Thermopolis learns an arranged marriage may be in store for her
- ANTZ: In this animated hit, a neurotic worker ant in love with a rebellious princess rises to unlikely stardom when he switches places with a soldier.
- Avengers Assemble: After Iron Man persuades his fellow superheroes to reunite, the Avengers combine their skills to battle both longtime foes and deadly new villains.
- School of Rock: Musician Dewey Finn gets a job as a fourth-grade substitute teacher, where he secretly begins teaching his students the finer points of rock ‘n’ roll.
Movies of building resilience for teens
- Catching Fire: After her triumph in the Hunger Games, Katniss Everdeen travels through the districts on a “Victor’s Tour” while a rebellion gathers steam around her
- Divergent Trilogy – futuristic society that are divided into personality types
- Harry Potter – Goblet of Fire, and Prisoner of Azkaban
- Black Panther
- Avengers movies
Questions to explore after the film;
What did you notice about the characters?
What does the story say to you?
If you could be one character who would it be and why?
Is there a character in the film that reminds you of you?
What story from the bible does this remind you of and why?
Where did you experience or see God in the story?