19 November 2015
Sold-out success for Methodist Children and Youth event 3Generate
- Nearly 600 children and young people aged 8-23 to attend
- Young people will get the chance to have their say on important issues such as: conflict in the middle east, imigration and climate change
- Click here for a podcast interview with Youth President Craig Gaffney talking about what to expect from 3Generate 2015
The Methodist Children's and Youth Assembly, 3Generate, promises to be the biggest event yet, having sold out of available places in two out of three of its main age streams.
The annual conference, this year meeting in Liddington Adventure Centre, Swindon, is expecting to welcome nearly 600 young people from across Great Britain when it starts tomorrow (20-22 November). Attendees can expect to take part in a variety of workshops, activities, worship and more, including discussions on conflict in the middle east, immigration and climate change.
Decisions made at the event will directly affect the shape of next year's 3Generate and have a significant impact on the wider Methodist Church through participant led 'shaper groups', the election of Conference representatives and the vote for next year's Youth President.
"It's amazing," said Youth President Craig Gaffney. "We have moved into a bigger venue for this year and we have sold out. Sadly there are still people who were unable to get tickets because we are at full capacity, but what a brilliant situation to be in, where there are young people queuing up to be a part of 3Generate."
Craig continued "Methodist young people have a real heart to get involved in shaping their faith and the Church. 3Generate is a brilliant way to do this while having fun at the same time!"
A separate event for children's and youth workers and group leaders, The Well, will also take place alongside 3Generate.
For updates live from the event, search for the #3Gen2015 on Twitter.
- 3Generate, formerly the Methodist Children & Youth Assembly, is an action-packed weekend for hearing the voice of children and young people across the Methodist Church, focussing on fun, faith and friends. For more information, see their website.
- For more information about The Well, click here.