07 September 2015
Time is running out - book your place at 3Generate 2015
- Places available until 14 October for 8-11 and 11-18 year olds and 21 October for 18-23 year olds
- Financial assistance may be available in your area
- Videos: What to expect:
8-11s and 11-18s
From 20 to 22 November, this year's annual Methodist Children & Youth Assembly, 3Generate, will feature a variety of fun-filled activities following a programme shaped by young people.
At the event, children and young people will explore a variety of topics under the theme of being 'Wonderfully Made' from Psalm 139:14. Focussing on 'wonderful you', 'wonderful church' and 'wonderful world', attendees will engage in games, workshops, prayer, worship and discussions on topics such as self-esteem, community action, immigration and climate change.
New Youth President Craig Gaffney said: "3Generate is always a fantastic event and this year it promises to be bigger and better than ever. Having moved to the Liddington Adventure Centre in Swindon, we've been able to open up even more spaces for more young people to join the fun. With abseiling, debates, games, worship, specially commissioned slam poetry and more there's something for everyone. But as well as having fun; it's about contributing and taking part. At 3Generate, young people have the chance to have their voice heard and make a real, lasting contribution to the Church."
3Generate is unique in offering young Methodists a programme packed with exciting ways to engage body, mind and spirit, with the opportunity to participate in making a real impact on the church that they are a part of. Through the election of next year's Youth President and Youth Representatives, decisions made at this year's 3Generate will directly affect the shape of next year's event and have an impact on the wider Methodist Church.
Activities and accommodation are split into three age categories
- 8-11, 11-18 and 18-23 year olds, with the 11-18 and 18-23 groups
facilitating their own log-ins and workshops with support. A
separate event, 'The Well', will also be running concurrently with
3Generate specifically catering for children's and youth workers,
allowing time and space for equipping, networking, resourcing and
1. A photo of Craig Gaffney, Methodist Youth President 2015/16 is available here.
2. 3Generate, the Methodist Children & Youth Assembly, is an action-packed weekend for hearing and responding to the voice of children and young people across the Methodist Church, focussing on fun, faith and friends. For more information, see the website.
3. Some regional discounts, grants and assistance schemes have been put in place to help cover costs or arrange transport. To see if an offer is available in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Youth President applications for 2016/17 are now open until 25 September. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in exploring this exciting opportunity, see here for more information.
5. There are also five different Youth Representative positions available, with applications now open. For more details, please click here or email email@example.com.