27 September 2018
2018 statistics collection: site now open
This information was sent to all Membership Secretaries, Chairs of District, District Administrators, Superintendents and Circuit Administrators on the above publishing date of this news article.
The main change this year is a reduction of data required for each society. All that is asked for within the one MEMBERSHIP & ATTENDANCE tab is:
- The current Methodist membership number
- The in-year changes to the Methodist membership (transfers in and out, confirmations, deaths, other gains and losses)
- If applicable, the total membership of a Local Ecumenical Partnership
- An estimate of the approximate number of people attending a typical worship service during the past year. No distinction between Sunday and mid-week, or adults and children, is required.
In other words, the following sections have been reduced or removed:
- REDUCED: Membership & Community Roll tab – numbers for baptisms, marriages, funerals and thanksgivings as well as Pastoral Others are NOT REQUIRED.
- REDUCED: Attendance at Worship tab – there is no separate attendance tab this year, and a detailed “October Count” and information on services in languages other than English and Welsh are NOT REQUIRED.
- REMOVED: Church Lay Employees and Pastoral Workers tab
- REMOVED: Activities, Groups, Associations, Projects and Events (AGAPE) tab
- REMOVED: Circuit Statistics tab
- REMOVED: Circuit initiatives tab
- CIRCUIT MERGERS: Please check for any discrepancies in the churches and office holders listings.
- CHURCHES WITH CHANGED STATUS: If this applies to any churches in your circuit, you should have received previous communication from me. Please ensure you report the final statistical year of any societies that have ceased to meet, become a class or merged since 1 November 2017.
If you have any questions that are not answered on the Frequently Asked Questions page, do get in touch. The 2018 statistics collection will conclude on 31 January 2019.
Cover picture by JESHOOTS.com (www.pexels.com)