Evangelism in a digital world
In the digital age of communication, the internet is a crucial platform for evangelism – particularly for younger generations who spend over 15 hours a day online but also for those who are isolated, housebound, or far from home. Together, we seek to understand, explore, and innovate around what it means to be followers of Jesus in digital space.
Social Media and Digital Training - coming soon
In these changing times, social media and online presence have become vital forms of communication for many churches and communities. In a new series of modules, we will explore topics such as the foundations of social media and developing content and digital identity through to copyright, digital strategies and online evangelism. The training will be offered as pre-course work, videos and live online sessions and will be available from mid-2021.
Digital Evangelism - resources
Are you wondering what digital evangelism is and how you can do it? To equip the whole church for mission online, there are resources here:
- What is digital evangelism? (Downloadable PDF)
- What methods can be used for evangelism online? This webpage looks at the various methods for online evangelism (i.e. websites, blogs, apps, etc) and includes good news stories about how Methodists around the Connexion are using them effectively.
There are also the following downloadable guides on these specific areas of digital evangelism:
- Guide: Using church websites for evangelism
- Guide: Using church Facebook pages for evangelism
- Guide: Using Instagram and Twitter for evangelism
- Guide: Using your personal Facebook profile for evangelism
Are you a digital innovator?
We'd love to hear from you if you’re passionate about any of the following: experimenting with digital evangelism; planting online Christian community; or creating original digital Christian content. We are in the process of developing a space for learning and experimenting with online evangelism and community and are working on the best ways to resource and equip digital innovation in the Methodist Church. Email Ali Johnson to let him know what you’re up to.
The Methodist Church on Social Media
One easy way to get involved in the digital world is to share content produced by the Connexional Team. Check out the social media channels from the Methodist Church and retweet, share and like the content you think is great!