The Encounter Programme is now closed for this year.
Please revisit to find out about what is available in 2023
If you are interested in exploring ordained ministry please visit
If you are interested to know about a range of lay ministries in the church please visit
"I honestly cannot recommend the programme enough"
Deborah, Barking Methodist Church
What is Encounter?
- Encounter is a place to deepen your awareness of God
- An opportunity to reflect on your faith journey
- A supportive small group environment for sharing and learning together
- A place to help you discern your unique calling
What does Encounter cover?
“In June 2019 I joined the Encounter programme. The programme really helped me to discover my “calling, as if it was designed specifically for me. This is because the programme is designed to increase an understanding of God and how we are being called by God.
The programme goes stage by stage, e.g. God, Self, Discipleship, Vocation, Ministry, Mission. This is like peeling an onion one layer at a time until you get to the core.
I am very grateful for the Encounter programme. If not for this programme, I would still be making excuses for not responding to my calling. I am now on the Worship: Leading & Preaching course to train as a Local Preacher. To God be the Glory” Ruth, Methodist Central Hall
Who is Encounter for?
- The programme is for any adult from the Methodist Church in Britain who is seeking to deepen their discipleship and explore their vocation
"Encounter gave me a better understanding of myself in relation to God and my life's path" Alison, Lambeth
What do I need to know about Encounter?
- We will meet online monthly between February and November 2022
- The Encounter programme is being offered free of charge
“Encounter helped shape my journey of calling, it taught me to look within – for the unexpected – and find my path”
How do I find out more about Encounter?
- Contact either Tricia or Sharon for more information
Tricia Mitchell email@example.com
Sharon Nugent firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us on Zoom on Tuesday 18 January when you can find out more and ask your questions. Email Sharon or Tricia to obtain the link
Here is an invitation for you to download and share with people in your church