Who becomes a circuit steward?
Circuit stewards are drawn from all walks of life and each bring their own experiences and abilities to the role but the foundation for all circuit stewards' work is a love for, and relationship with, God, the Church and the world.
Some skills and abilities which are essential for circuit stewards are
- A Christian faith and a commitment to working with responsibility in a voluntary capacity
- Leadership skills - which can mean flexibility and tenacity
- Team work skills - it is important to be collaborative and affirming
- Willingness to invest in positive friendships and relationships
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn on the job
Have a look at the induction pack and job description here.