Prayer places sacred spaces
Set up a prayer room in your church, school or in a 'tabernacle' in your local market square.
Offer a variety of stations of prayer, e.g:
• Have a pile of stones that people can place in the bowl of water as an act of confession, or of letting go of hurts and anxieties.
• Have gummed paper strips available on which people can write prayers for peace and justice in the world and then link them together to form a chain.
• Set up a 'Thanksgiving' board where people can pin up notes of things they wish to thank God for.
• Use candles (safely!) as a focus for
• Have Bible passages on pieces of card for people to reflect on and then take away.
• Use music - either to create an atmosphere for the whole prayer space, or through headphones for individual
Organise a labyrinth in a public place, such as a shopping mall, local park or school and encourage people to enter into a journey of prayer.
For inspiration about labyrinths visit
Please note you may have to 'enable Flash player' in your browser to view these.