Day conference on Presence, Communication and Digital Media Technologies
On Friday 13 December 2019 there will be a day conference at Cliff College to explore questions about the nature of online life and Christian experience.
The purpose of the day is not only to meet together for reflection but to help inform the Faith and Order Committee’s work on the nature of online life. It is hoped that it will be an opportunity to hear and take account of the varieties of usage of communication technologies amongst church communities, and reliable research into benefits and effects on relationships, habits, mental health, social cohesion, and so forth.
The day will focus on the theme of ‘presence’ which might include
- thinking about the character of gathered or dispersed communities
- distinctions between online activity and face-to-face interactions
- connections between data and identity
- ownership of media platforms and spaces
- the broad variety of experiences with media technologies, and their continuous evolution
- pastoral and reflective practices
- authenticity and trust
- communication and community
We would like to invite anyone who might have some particular interest, expertise or experience to contribute to this conversation as we are hoping for as broad a representation from across the connexion as possible.
If you are interested in attending then please contact email@example.com for further information. (Places are subject to availability.)