WHAT ARE THE AIMS OF 365?
365 is a year-round process for the Methodist Church in Britain to make time and space to inspire children and young people to pray, listen, notice, and explore in peer and all-age settings (as the whole Body of Christ) how God wants them to be active disciples in the world.
This will happen through:
- the local church making time and space to be in conversation and action with children and young people
- the local church releasing and responding to the prophetic voices of children and young people
- recognition that children and young people are Agents of Change and should be enabled to fully engage in the life and mission of their Church
- enabling children and young people to fully participate within their local church, the Connexion and 3Generate, the children and youth assembly of the Methodist Church.
HOW WILL 365 HAPPEN?
The 365 strategy will be facilitated by the Children, Youth and Family team, but it will be delivered locally.
There will be a discipleship pathway for children and young people, encouraging them to:
The following pathways of support will be available for leaders:
Resources to support the pathways:
- annually establishing satellite groups, aimed at creating a programme for 3Generate, the children and youth assembly
- offering an annual series of Connexional engagements for children and young people, for example meeting with the Youth President
- gathering District Ambassadors as a community of practice, resourcing and equipping and strategically working with them to achieve the aims of 365 across the Connexion
- encouraging local churches to sign-up, demonstrating their active commitment to the aims of 365
- an app that provides direct interaction for children and young people, to encourage them in their faith and encourage their sense of belonging to the Church
- videos specifically for children and young people, including content from the Youth President and Reps, available on 3GenerateTV and the app
- the iKnow Church database, holding all records for leaders, groups and churches involved with both 3Generate the event and 365.
Within districts and local churches
Local churches will be asked to sign-up to demonstrate their active commitment to 365, helping to paint a picture of how many are on the 365 journey together. This means that local churches will be intentional in making time and space to be in conversation and action with children and young people in response to their prophetic voice.
Every district will be asked to appoint a District Ambassador, who will support local churches and advocate for the aims of 365 through:
- promoting 365 and encouraging local churches to become involved in their own context
- facilitating district events
- encouraging children and young people to participate in satellite groups (planning groups for 3Generate) to increase their engagement in the design and facilitation of 3Generate, the children and youth assembly.