365 for Group Leaders
Every vote matters!
On this page:
- What is 3Generate 365
- Role of a Group Leader
- What’s on offer for Group Leaders
- What’s on offer for Children and Young People
- How to register
- Zoom Guidance
- Shaping the 2021 event
- Contact us
- Keep in touch
3Generate 365 is a year round process of engagement with children and young people, in their local setting, to enable them to: listen to God, discern what God is saying, deepen their faith and be confident in sharing their faith with others. There is also a lot of resources available for Group Leaders during 3Generate 365; both Group Leaders and children & young people will make up a 365 Group.
On the week of 14 September we had a Launch Week with a variety of video sessions on offer to learn from, to catch up go to our Launch Week page!
- Communicates 365 opportunities with the young people within their 365 group
- Attends training and events with opportunities to network and learn from other Group Leaders
- Uses the 365 resources (toolbox) to lead sessions with their young people
- 1x group leader to take responsibility for registering the entire group, including gaining permission from parents & the minister before registering
In the event that Children & Young People would like to participate in 365 but are without a Group Leader, a church representative can act as an administrator to register them.
It’s a fantastic voyage of discovery as we set out on this journey together! We hope to support and encourage you as group leaders, in your role and ministry with children and young people, knowing that we are not alone: “The best of all is, God is with us!”
The 3Generate 365 Toolbox is the place for group leaders to find everything they need to take their children and young people on the 3Generate 365 journey. This includes learning and development opportunities for leaders themselves, session plans, Bible studies and activities to run with your group and other helpful suggestions and advice. The Toolbox will be supported by a number of specially designed webinars and a series of 'Tune In' events for leaders to attend where they can share learning and receive support and encouragement.
Also on offer, exclusively for those registered as part of 3Generate 365, are our Tune In events for Group Leaders. These events will be no more than an hour long and are a chance for you to do four things:
- Catch-up on 3Generate 365 news
- Tell us what’s going well and what other support or resources you might need
- Reflect on the most recent webinar and share learning in a community of practice with other 365 Group Leaders
- Pray together for the children and young people of the Methodist Church
Links to register for these Tune In events will be sent to you in the Group Leader Newsletter.
Find all the dates and events you need to know about through our 365 dates for the diary document (coming soon).
Group Leader Newsletter
If you register as a group leader you will be sent regular Newsletters with updates on 3Generate 365 and how to get involved.
Children & young people will be encouraged to download the 3Generate App, which will give them access to: voting in the Youth President/rep elections, news updates, sharing their voice, prayers, quizzes, polls and stories. For those who can’t access the app, there are web page alternatives.
The next Tune In is Saturday 30 January at 400pm and will again be hosted by the Youth President, Phoebe.
These Tune In events are live-streamed broadcasts from the 3GenerateTV YouTube channel and include interviews, worship, fun, challenges and a chance to interact via the app, online and on social media.
Children and young people can watch at home or, if the situation allows, you could safely meet to watch it together as a group.
If you are a leader, find out more by reading Tune In events for children and young people - an introduction. To help you prep ahead of the November Tune In, we have created a Tune In cribsheet for leaders.
Youth president & rep voting
This year voting for the Youth President is taking place from 21 November - 21 December and for Youth Reps from 21 November until 14 December. Voting is open to all 8-23 year-olds of the Methodist Church who have been registered - they will receive a code allowing access to vote (please see below for more details on registration).
Votes can be cast via the 3Gen App or our alternative voting web page.
Children and young people can find out more about 3Generate 365 through our 365 Children and young people page.
You must sign up as a group in order for both Group Leaders (or parent/carers when there isn't a group leader) and children/young people to gain access to 3Generate 365.
- You will need to register your interest.
- Look at our documents to prepare yourself for completing the sign up process. You will need to collate data from all members within your group, including gaining parental permission for sharing some basic data of children and young people. There are three documents that you may find useful:
- As soon as you are ready, you can confirm children and young people.
- Those aged 18-23 can be registered by a group leader or church leader (to keep in touch with 3Generate and receive their code to vote) but they can also register themselves.
- Children and young people must be registered by 5 December to receive a voting code.
- Groups can continue to register after this date but their children and young people will not be able to vote in this year's elections.
We will be using Zoom as the platform for virtual meetings, such as ‘Tune In' gatherings. For support with this we have created a suite of pages that offer some pointers on using Zoom, safeguarding considerations and a step by step guide for setting up your online meeting – including seeking parental permission. Children and young people under the age of 16 will need permission and access to zoom through their parent/carer(s).
Each group will have the opportunity to feed into the 2021 planning process. This year, the 3Generate 2021 event is being planned by ‘Satellite Groups’; these are made up of individuals from across the Methodist Connexion who have a focus on planning a particular area or venue. We would like each 365 Group to have a group leader representative attend Satellite Group meetings and to get feedback from their groups’ young people to feed into the planning. Once you complete the necessary registration process to be a 365 Group, you will be contacted about this opportunity.
General enquiries: 3Generate@methodistchurch.org.uk