Tune In events
This page will keep you up to date on all upcoming Tune In events.
Sunday 28 February: Tune into God with your senses
We are hosting two workshops for children and young people:
2pm – 2.45pm for 8-11s (primary age) Click here to book
3.30pm – 4.15pm for 11+ (secondary age) Click here to book
This interactive workshop will look at how we listen to God using all of our senses – the way we hear, see, smell, taste, touch, move and feel our bodies. Come along and hear different ways that God speaks to people in the Bible and have a go at listening to God with your body in different ways.
These sessions will be accessible to all abilities. Parents, carers and leaders are encouraged to watch and learn too.
What you’ll need
You will need some very basic equipment for the session (don’t worry it’s all simple stuff you’ll have at home)
- Your favourite piece of music
- A sweet/biscuit or something that you enjoy eating
- A rock or some grass from outside
- A cushion or comfy blanket
- A space you can move around in
If it is helpful you can download this kit list here.
You will also be encouraged to use a worksheet to note down your thoughts during the session:
How the workshop will take place
This interactive workshop will be held in Zoom Webinar. This means that participants will not be able to see each other, they will only be able to see the presenter.
It will be presented by Dr Naomi Graham, who is the Founder and CEO of Growing Hope.
Information for parents and carers
- The workshop will be split into eight sections. Each section will have a short piece of information about a different way to connect with God using a different sense, followed by the opportunity to step away from the screen to try out that activity.
- If at any point your child does not want to try the activity, then there is no pressure for them to do so.
- The activities will be based around using hearing, seeing, smelling, tasting, touching, moving and being still. Some of these sections may require an object to be used, such as a rock from the garden, or some food. The items that will be needed are listed on the kit list document (the list is also in the information above on this page).
- These activities are designed to be accessible to children of all ages and abilities.
- As parents/carers, you are encouraged to be close at hand while your child is part of the workshop. You will know how much support and encouragement your child will need.
- If the workshop raises any personal or spiritual issues for your child that they, or you, want to discuss further, then you are encouraged to speak to your local church minister or youth leader, or someone appropriate that you trust. However, during the workshop there will be a chaplain available for the children/young people to speak to should they wish to. This will be possible via the chat function by sending a message to ‘All Panellists’. This means that only the workshop delivery team 'behind the scenes' will see the message - not everybody that is attending. This will be explained to the children and young people at the beginning of the workshop.
If you have any questions please contact: 3Generate@methodistchurch.org.uk