Welcome to our 3Generate 2019 volunteering page
Details for 3Generate 2020 will be released soon but there is still useful information from 2019 below.
3Generate 2020 will take place from Friday 30 October to Sunday 1 November 2020 at the Birmingham NEC.
On this page you can find:
- What is 3Generate?
- Role descriptions
- Volunteer Pack
- Safer recruitment
- "Why I volunteer at 3Generate" - videos from volunteers
"Going to 3Generate is like having an energy boost! To see so many Methodist young people in one place is just amazing."
Read more inspiring stories from previous volunteers, watch Phil's video below or view more volunteer videos about specific roles via the volunteer playlist on our 3GenerateTV YouTube channel.
3Generate is the annual Children and Youth Assembly of the Methodist Church in Britain. It exists primarily to hear what those attending have to say about a variety of subjects and issues. This action-packed and inspiring weekend is a milestone event in the spiritual lives of many children and young people and we recognise that it can only happen thanks to the support of so many committed volunteers.
The event runs from 7pm on Friday 30 October until 2pm on Sunday 1 November at the Birmingham NEC. We need most volunteers to arrive by lunchtime on Friday 30 October.
Pre-registration to volunteer at 3Generate 2020 open!
If you are interested in volunteering at 3Generate 2020 for the first time, please complete our short pre-registration form. Everyone who volunteered in 2019 has been sent a link about 2020 - please let us know if you didn't receive this.
We recognise that our existing volunteers are our best ambassadors to find new volunteers! If you have volunteered before, why not consider inviting someone else from your church to join the team in 2020?
More details will be released in the New Year.
Volunteer teams consist of three main categories:
- Venue/programme teams who work within each of the venues to help children and young people engage with the 3Generate programme.
- Care teams who are focussed on supporting participants and sometimes their leaders.
- Operational teams that include customer service roles such as reception and also practical roles such as set-up and take-down.
Venue/Programme Team Role Descriptions
- Outdoor activities
- Indoor Venues: Performing Arts, Workshops, Talks & Worship
- The Well (drop-in)
- 8-11s Venue (Our Space)
- Agents of Change
- Still (quiet space)
Care Team Role Descriptions
- Roving Youth
- Chalet Hosts PDF / Chalet Hosts video (goes to YouTube)
- Additional Needs
- Night Stewards PDF / Night Stewards video (goes to YouTube)
Operational Team Role Descriptions
We have created a volunteer information pack, with all kinds of information about volunteering at 3Generate.
The pack consists of the following leaflets:
- Information for volunteers aged 23-30
- Information for volunteers aged 30-65
- Information for volunteers aged 65+
- Volunteer Calendar
- First time Volunteer
- Returning Volunteer
- To do list
- Catering for Additional Needs
- Volunteering & vocations
Please send us an email if you would like to receive a hard copy of the Volunteer Pack in the post.
As our volunteers are working at an event for children and young people, everyone is subject to our comprehensive Safer Recruitment process. Usually volunteers will be from the Methodist Church in the UK.
The process involves two references (including one from your Methodist minister) and you will need a UK DBS check that is less than 5 years’ old. Applicants may also require an interview (usually by telephone).