Wellbeing and activism webinar
Wellbeing and activism – an Agents of Change event in partnership with Leeds Methodist Mission
Saturday 17 July 2021, 4pm - 4.45pm
Registration for this event has now officially closed but you may still be able to join us, email Lynne Norman to find out more.
This webinar, aimed at 8 to 14 year olds but also suitable for older participants, will explore ways in which we can look after our minds and emotions as we work to make the world a better place. It is ideal for children and young people who sometimes struggle with anxiety about climate change or what they see on the news and want to explore coping strategies with like-minded people.
- This event will be broadcast using the Zoom webinar function, which means we will not be able to see or hear participants, although they can interact using the chat function and measures will be put into place to safeguard this space.
- This event is not intended to replace support offered by mental health professionals. If you know a young person who is at risk of a mental health crisis, please encourage them to seek urgent help through their GP with the support of a parent or carer.
Registration for this event ends 15th July 2021.
- Parents /Carers will obtain tickets for their children, By obtaining tickets parents will be agreeing to allow their children to access Zoom via the parent/carer's email address. They also agree that they will supervise the children's use of Zoom.
- Parents/Carers will be sent the Zoom link prior to the webinar. This will be sent to the Parent/Carer email supplied.
- The webinar will be hosted by Lynne from the Children, Youth and Family Team and Anna from Leeds Methodist Mission. Because we are using the Zoom webinar facility, noone will be able to see the faces, or hear the voices, of the children and young people participating. Participants will, however, be able to interact using the chat function - which will be moderated.