Could your children's or youth group help to tackle loneliness and isolation?
The Children, Youth & Family Team is really excited to be partnering with MHA (formerly Methodist Homes for the Aged) to pilot a brand new intergenerational befriending scheme, under the Agents of Change banner.
We are looking for a small number of children's or youth groups (or even a family or congregation) to help us pilot this brand new piece of work.
Could your group:
- organise an activity - such as crafts or a quiz - to run in an MHA home?
- send letters or cards as part of a pen pal scheme with MHA service users?
- volunteer to regularly visit an MHA home or sheltered accommodation and befriend residents?
- help to raise awareness locally about the need for befriending volunteers?
- or do something else that helps to build bridges between generations and tackle loneliness and isolation?
If the answer is 'yes' or even 'maybe' then please email Lynne Norman to show an expression of interest and find out more!