The Boy at the Back of the Class resources
To find out more about the book you can read some reviews and synopses here:
Resources to help explore the themes of the book:
From the publishing group, Hachette Schools:
- A PDF of reading notes for teachers and librarians that could easily be adapted for a youth group setting. This includes a list of questions for post-reading that would work really well as discussion starters for a book group (all-age, young people or adults!).
- Two activity sheets for young people
- Colour poster for the book.
- For those who don't want to read an actual books, there are lots of YouTube videos available of people reading the various chapters.
- For a special clip, this video from The Book Trust features the book's author Onjali Q Rauf reading an excerpt.
- To find out more about the author, Onjali Q Rauf, and what inspired her to write the book, you can watch her being interviewed by Waterstones and again interviewed by The Book Trust.
- Finally, you can follow the author on Twitter: @OnjaliRauf