ONE Programme: Teams
ONE Programme: Teams provides opportunities for young people to be part of a short-term visit that enables them to encounter a different part of the world, a different way of life, or some other experience to open and broaden their minds.
It is an opportunity to encourage reflection, consider calling and support growth in discipleship.
ONE Programme: Teams offers overseas and UK-based trips.
Our overseas trips are in partnership with Global Relationships, and the Encounter Together and Encounter Worldwide programmes, which offer part-funded opportunities for Methodists aged 18-26 to serve for up to two years with a world church partner.
The UK trips work in partnership with the Children, Youth and Family team to offer young people the opportunity to experience different ways of expressing faith and a different way of life much closer to home.
Due to Covid-19 we needed to postpone our trips and are currently aiming to start ONE Programme: Teams trips again from Spring 2022.
South India 2019: 17-27 October
The group travelled to South India, based around Bishop Reuben’s residence in Karimnagar.
The focus of the South India Trip was to:
- learn about yourself and deepen your discipleship
- learn about what it’s like to be a young person in South India
- lead activities with children and young people that help deepen their discipleship mutually
- learn about the socio-
economic challenges facing women and children/youth
- learn about the plight of refugees in South India
- learn more about Methodist heritage by learning about Wesleyan history in South India.
Taizé 2018: 23 June - 3 July
The group travelled to Taizé, France, from Cliff College and joined the community for a week.
The focus of the Taizé trip was to:
- experience a week as part of the Taizé community
- spend time focussed on God, growing in discipleship, and demonstrating
commitment to Jesus and one another
- abide by all the rules of Taizé, as part of the community, and take part in manual work – directed by Taizé staff.
Haiti 2017: 25 July - 4 August
In July/August 2017 a group travelled to Haiti in partnership with World Church Relationships
Take a look at the video below to hear about the groups experiences in Haiti and visit the Encounter Together Facebook group