The guidance for out of school settings has been updated, which may impact some churches. From 12 April 2021, children's and youth activities are now allowed.
FROM THE METHODIST PROPERTY TEAM
The Government has updated the Safe Use of Places of Worship to include details of how restrictions will be lifted for churches in England. Updates for Step 2 on 12 April 2021 include the fact that children's and youth activities are now allowed.
Further information can be found on Coronavirus Guidance for Property. Please note that this is only for England.
- In Scotland, please refer to the Timetable for Easing Restrictions.
- In Wales, please refer to the Restrictions during our Gradual Move Out of Lockdown.
- Please follow the links for specific local regulations and guidance for the Isle of Man and Channel Islands (Guernsey & Jersey).
ADVICE FROM NATIONAL YOUTH AGENCY
The Methodist Church follows the guidance of the National Youth Agency, which has updated its advice to help you understand step 2 in the Government roadmap.
- Read the full guidance for the entire roadmap.
- Read the information highlighted for step 2 of the roadmap.
- Watch a new webinar from the NYA to help understand the guidance for step 2.
- For those working with small children, for instance in toddler groups or nursery settings, then the Early Years Alliance provides lots of helpful advice and links.
Things to think about | Take your time
Things to think about | Risk management
Things to think about | Sharing space and hospitality
Things to think about | Singing