ONE Programme: Teams
ONE Programme: Teams provides opportunities for young people to be part of a short-term visit that enables them to encounter a different part of the world, a different way of life, or some other experience to open and broaden their minds.
It is an opportunity to encourage reflection, consider calling and support growth in discipleship.
ONE Programme: Teams offers overseas and UK-based trips.
Our overseas trips are in partnership with Global Relationships, and the Encounter Together and Encounter Worldwide programmes, which offer part-funded opportunities for Methodists aged 18-26 to serve for up to two years with a world church partner.
The UK trips work in partnership with the Children, Youth and Family team to offer young people the opportunity to experience different ways of expressing faith and a different way of life much closer to home.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak the ONE Programme: Teams/Encounter Together Hungary 2020 visit has had to be cancelled. Under the current circumstances travel, risk assessment and insurance for the visit would all be impossible. Please keep the Methodist Church in Hungary in your prayers as they have cancelled their family camp. Please watch this space for our 2021 trips!
South India 2019: 17-27 October
The group travelled to South India, based around Bishop Reuben’s residence in Karimnagar.
The focus of the South India Trip was to:
- learn about yourself and deepen your discipleship
- learn about what it’s like to be a young person in South India
- lead activities with children and young people that help deepen their discipleship mutually
- learn about the socio-
economic challenges facing women and children/youth
- learn about the plight of refugees in South India
- learn more about Methodist heritage by learning about Wesleyan history in South India.
Taizé 2018: 23 June - 3 July
The group travelled to Taizé, France, from Cliff College and joined the community for a week.
The focus of the Taizé trip was to:
- experience a week as part of the Taizé community
- spend time focussed on God, growing in discipleship, and demonstrating
commitment to Jesus and one another
- abide by all the rules of Taizé, as part of the community, and take part in manual work – directed by Taizé staff.
Haiti 2017: 25 July - 4 August
In July/August 2017 a group travelled to Haiti in partnership with World Church Relationships
Take a look at the video below to hear about the groups experiences in Haiti and visit the Encounter Together Facebook group