The Scotland and Shetland Region
Meet the Team
Lorraine Darlow is the National Learning & Development Coordinator for Scotland, which includes the Districts of Scotland and Shetland. Lorraine has a background in learning development and inner city ministry. Her field of study was practical theology and her specialist area of work is children, families and intergenerational ministries. Lorraine leads our work with evangelism, discipleship, biblical engagement, congregational and ministry development, and coordinates safeguarding training in the region.
Contact Lorraine | email@example.com | 0207 467 5210
Gary Williams is a Learning & Development Officer for the Scotland & Shetland region. Gary has a background in youth and community work with experience in mission and community development in a variety of contexts. His main areas of work currently include encouraging engagement with Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Methodist Way of Life.
Contact Gary | firstname.lastname@example.org | 0207 467 5119
Richard Knott is a consultant Learning & Development Officer working with the Scotland & Shetland region. Richard has a background in mission and ministry and is a specialist in children’s, youth and family ministry as well as being a Godly Play trainer and practitioner. His main areas of work currently include the Methodist stories project, supporting the development of those engaged in children’s, youth and family ministries, enabling mission and discipleship, particularly in the areas of EDI and participation in the Solas Festival.
Contact Richard | email@example.com | 020 7467 5273
If you want to see events outside our region, click on the black X next to the word 'tags' on the top of the calendar.
Our Priorities for 2020/2021
Although we will aim to help you with any learning or development that you or your church need, we also have key areas of work that we are focusing on in any given year. These are chosen in consultation with both national and local leaders. If your area of interest isn't on this list, then please still get in touch. Our priorities this year are to:
- Encourage engagement with EDI and Methodist Way of Life and wider aspects of discipleship or vocational exploration and discernment
- Enable participation in Bible Month and explore Mark's Gospel through utilising tools such as Taketime to nurture biblical literacy and faith formation
- Developing Methodist Stories for use with all ages, a project utilising reflective story telling to explore Methodist identity in a variety of contexts
- Supporting mission and ministry with children, young people and families, and in intergenerational contexts and encouraging engagement with 3Generate
- Supporting the delivery of Safeguarding training at Foundation and Advanced levels as well as trainer development and safeguarding clinics in the region
- Equipping for engagement in evangelism and encouraging New Places for New People through Pioneer Ministry and fresh expressions of church
- Encouraging congregational review and mission planning by supporting churches to create appropriate plans and creating learning opportunities to enhance those plans
- Providing support and learning opportunities for those involved in candidating for ministry or supervision and communities of practice to support ongoing professional development
- Providing support and learning opportunities for those developing in roles such as worship leaders and preachers or circuit stewards and church stewards
- Working with ecumenical partners and organisations to support learning, participation and sharing in mission and ministry through projects and initiatives such as Core Skills training
Get in Touch
You can also sign up to our e-newsletter below, so we can send you news of what's going on in the Scotland and Shetland region.