The Scotland and Shetland Region
Meet the Team
Lorraine Darlow is the National Learning & Development Coordinator for Scotland, which contains the Districts of Scotland and Shetland. She has experience in learning development, qualification delivery and quality systems in learning, pastoral and preaching ministries, organisational development and mission action planning. Her specialist area is children, families and intergenerational ministries. Lorraine leads our work with evangelism, discipleship, biblical engagement, youth and children’s ministry, local ministry and congregational development, as well as our involvement in the Solas Festival in Scotland.
Contact Lorraine | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07799 900471
Gary Williams is a Learning & Development Officer for the Scotland & Shetland region.
Contact Gary | email@example.com | 07799 900464
If you want to see events outside our region, click on the black X next to the word 'tags' on the top of the calendar.
Our Priorities for 2019/2020
Although we will aim to help you with any learning or development that you or your church need, we also have key areas of work that we are focussing on in any given year. These are chosen in consultation with both national and local leaders. If your area of interest isn't on this list, then please still get in touch. Our priorities this year are:
- Encouraging and enabling biblical literacy that develops on-going engagement with scripture in a manner which is relevant, honest and life-changing
- Supporting engagement in social action to respond to needs, develop relationships and build communities, where people from both inside and outside church do life together and share the things which matter to them
- Enabling worship and ministry with children, young people and intergenerational gatherings
- Facilitating and supporting the Youth, Children’s and Family Ministries Forum, and participation in the ONE Programme and 3Generate
- Delivering Advanced Module Safeguarding training and Foundation trainer development
- Enabling evangelism and discipleship through developing gospel leaders, connecting disciples, and bespoke support
- Encouraging congregational review and mission planning by supporting churches to create appropriate plans and also creating learning opportunities to enhance those plans
- Encouraging and supporting development for pioneer ministry and fresh expressions of church
- Providing support and learning opportunities for those involved in candidating, worship leading, and preaching
- Enabling ecumenical learning and participation through involvement with other denominations and partner organisations
Get in Touch
You can contact us directly using the details above, or you can follow us on Facebook.
You can also sign up to our e-newsletter below, so we can send you news of what's going on the Scotland and Shetland region.