The Southern and Islands Region
Meet the Team
Adrian Roux is the Learning & Development Coordinator for the Southern & Island region. Adrian is a presbyter who has served the Church in many roles, including superintendency, District Mission Resourcing and the formation of ministers at the MCSA's Seth Mokitimi Methodist Seminary. He has an MTh in Theology and Development and is currently studying towards an Executive MBA. Adrian is passionate about mission, healing and growing the church, studying the gospels and the Pauline writings, and learning to follow Jesus more closely in this world.
Contact Adrian | email@example.com | 07799 900476
Katie Deadman-Vernall is a Learning & Development Officer for the Southern & Island region. Katie has experience in delivering and developing creative and inclusive learning programmes for young people and adults, in coordinating volunteers, in creative writing and event planning. Her main areas of work are Pioneer Ministries, Fresh Expressions, supporting Lay Employees, encouraging circuit vision and strategy, exploring EDI and Theory U, and developing the use of social media in ministry. Katie is the point of contact for the Southampton District.
Contact Katie | firstname.lastname@example.org | 07799 902571
Kathy O'Loughlin is a Learning & Development Officer in the Southern & Islands region. Kathy is an Anglican priest and brings experience of ministry, ecumenical work and theological education. Her main areas of work are the rural/small church context, support for pastoral care workers, support for ordained and lay ministers, contemporary attitudes to death, and supervision. Kathy is the point of contact for the Channel Islands District.
Contact Kathy | email@example.com | 07799 900472
Our Priorities for 2019/2020
Although we will aim to help you with any learning or development that you or your church need, we also have key areas of work that we are focussing on in any given year. These are chosen in consultation with both national and local leaders. If your area of interest isn't on this list, then please still get in touch. Our priorities this year are:
- Coordinating training, development and support for circuit stewards and circuit leadership teams
- Developing and signposting resources and support for rural churches – including ‘Discipling Presence’
- Coordinating regional 'Continuing Development in Ministry' events
- Managing the ONE Programme process for host projects and ‘One Programme Participants’
- Coordinating regional lay employee support and resourcing – including an annual conference and retreat days
- Supporting the Worship: Leading & Preaching course
- Supporting and developing pioneers and candidates
- Promoting Positive Working Together through ‘Growing Through Conflict’, ‘The Bullying and Harassment Course’ and ‘Faith in Change and Conflict’
- Enabling and supporting church and circuit reviews, particularly through equipping people to do them well
- Supporting the growth and development of the church through Evangelism, Vocational Development and supporting the thinking and development of the ‘Lay Local Ministers’ work
- Supporting Presbyters and Deacons through retreat and development days.
- Developing the youth and children’s work in the region through supporting and equipping those who are doing the work
If you have recently attended one of our events, please visit our resources page to download presentations, handouts and more.
Get in Touch
You can contact us directly using the details above.
We also have a monthly e-newsletter, featuring upcoming events, news and comment from around the region. You can read our latest issue here. To start receiving this direct to your inbox, enter your email address and click 'subscribe' below.