The North West & Mann Learning Network staff team are members of the Connexional team, and as regional workers also work as part of the North West & Mann Learning & Development Network.
The North West & Mann Learning Network serves the learning and development needs of the Methodist Church in the seven Districts of the Isle of Man, Cumbria, Lancashire, Bolton & Rochdale, Liverpool, Manchester & Stockport and Chester & Stoke-on-Trent.
We are a network of volunteers including District Local Preachers' tutors and secretaries, Local Preachers' portfolio moderators, District officers, Pioneer ministries' mentors, safeguarding trainers and many more skilled teachers, facilitators and enablers. Linking all this and more together are the paid Connexional staff team in the NWM Learning Network (LN). Together we all make up the NWM Learning and Development Network.
The NWM Learning and Development Forum is made up of the seven Chairs of the Districts and the Learning Network staff in the North West & Mann. The Forum has six areas of work which it has decided are the focus of the learning & development work in this region, alongside local Circuits asking us to work alongside them, and work directed by Methodist Conference, and this is how our work plan is put together:
The following is not an exhaustive list so please contact a member of the regional team if you have a piece of work or project you would like to develop.
- Healthy Communities
Ways we can engage more fully with each other to develop relationships that are gracious, loving and God-centred...
Growing through Conflict Foundation Day - check the calendar for dates.
Domestic Abuse - click here for information.
Safeguarding - check the calendar for dates for Train the Trainer Days for Foundation Module trainers and for Advanced Module trainers or email for the details. (If you would like to attend Foundation Module or Foundation Module Refresher, please talk to your Circuit safeguarding officer or administrator.)
- Spiritual Life - click here for the menu
- Candidates' Support Programme - contact Jasmine for information.
- Biblical & Theological Literacy
Transforming Bible studies - click here for information.
- Youth and Children's Ministry and Participation - there is much going on in this area including the ONE programme, the District Youth & Children's Work Enablers and the 3Generate weekend.
- Connecting Disciples - learning and development for lay employees - Connexional conferences and local one day conferences and a retreat. As well as developing work in Districts to have a coherent support for lay employees.
- Local Lay Ministries - for those lay people who either paid or unpaid are contracted to work for a local church as its pastor.
- Vocational Exploration - there are a series of days for anyone wanting to explore what God may have for you. We are also working with some Districts to raise the confidence in discernment of vocation. Plus there is a whole system of support for those exploring Candidating for ordained ministry. Contact Jasmine to find out more about any of these.
- Worship: Leading and Preaching - ongoing support for tutors as students get nearer to being ready to hand in portfolios. FAQs and also some very helpful Top Tips here. Here is a guide for Tutors and Mentors
- Pioneering Pathways in this region is now underway - click here for more information; contact Alison Hulse.
- Church Reviews and Visioning - this year we are looking for people to work with us and to act as a team of volunteers to come alongside churches, to act as the external consultant.
- Circuit Stewards (Hearing God; Leading God's People) - two sessions for Circuit Stewards - click here for information.
- Sign Up for the NW & Mann Region enews - keep up to date with what's happening in your region.