Welcome to the 3Generate 2018 Volunteering page
Thank you for visiting our page!
Volunteering for 3Generate 2018 is now closed.
If you're considering volunteering in 2019, to find out more details about the opportunities, please see the information from this year below, which we have left online for reference.
Information about volunteering in 2018
Please watch our videos on 3GenTV to find out why some of our volunteers get involved.
3Generate 2018 will be our largest event ever with approximately 1,200 children and young people, plus their leaders, staff, contributors and hopefully you!
Volunteers will usually be from the UK, as a result of the safer recruitment process and safeguarding checks required.
As part of the recruitment process, volunteers will need to attend one of the briefing days and the remaining dates are:
- Saturday, 3 November, 11am-3pm, Leeds Church Institute, Central Road, Leeds LS1 6DG
- Saturday, 10 November 2018, 11am-3pm, Methodist Central Hall Westminster, Storey's Gate, London SW1H 9NH
Lunch and refreshments will be provided, plus reasonable travel expenses for the briefing days will be reimbursed (usual expenses policy applies). Please email completed travel expenses claim forms and forward email receipts or photos/scans of receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible after the briefing.
Due to the time taken to process volunteer applications, attendance will usually be required at the briefing before final confirmation has been received. We will email applicants/volunteers approximately a week before the briefing they have booked for.
Volunteer Role Descriptions
We're looking for volunteers from the UK in the following teams:
- Outdoor activities
- Indoor: Performing Arts, Workshops, Talks & Worship
- The Well (drop-in)
- 8-11s (drop-in)
- Agents of Change
- Still (quiet space)
Care / Engage Teams
All volunteers will be subject to a process of safer recruitment for their role, including references. Volunteers will require an appropriate UK DBS certificate (more details are on individual role descriptions).
How to apply...
- Please read the role descriptions above - these may change for 2019 but will give an indication of what to expect. Consider whether you have the appropriate skills, experience (including safeguarding training) and UK DBS checks.
- Consider who might be your two referees - one referee will need to be a minister. We contact all referees - they cannot be a relative. Referees are sent a link to an online form so they must have internet access.
- The form for 2019 will go live early next summer - usually in May. We recommend reading the online application form before completing it - currently, the form cannot be saved and returned to but it can be viewed as many times as you want beforehand. The information you need to gather will include your DBS certificate, contact details from your referees and which briefing day you will attend.
The updated Connexional Team Privacy Notice is now available here for further details about how we use personal data.