Application form and deadlines
If you have come directly to this page in order to find out about applying for a Connexional grant, please read Is your project eligible? before going any further.
For additional insight into monitoring your project: Sample monitoring template
If you are applying for a Connexional property grant please visit the Property page.
Dates of grants rounds
Deadline: Midday, 5 October 2019
CGC Meeting: 13 December 2019
Decisions communicated by: 24 December 2019
Deadline: Midday, 4 March 2020
CGC Meeting: 2 June 2020
Decisions communicated by: 11 June 2020
Applications can be submitted at other times for feedback from the Grants team. For Mission and Ministry grants submit the form by email (preferably as a pdf), with a signed hard copy by post to the Connexional Grants Team, by doing this you are asserting that you have a signed paper copy in your possession. If you have any questions at all, including whether your project meets the criteria, please contact the Grants team or your District Grants Officer. If they can't answer your question they may be able to put you in touch with someone who can.
How will the CGC assess your application?
Your application should:
- have a clearly identified missional need.
- have a clear mission plan for how the new/refurbished spaces will be used.
- meet the first two criteria imaginatively and cost effectively
- be well-planned, and budgeted with a robust fund-raising plan
- show that there is capacity to carry out the project successfully.
- ensure that steps have been taken to minimise the project's carbon footprint – you will find this resource useful A Rocha Eco Church survey
- confirm that you will abide by Connexional Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Safeguarding, Employment and other relevant policies, of the Methodist Church.
If your application is unsuccessful
If you are unsuccessful the CGC will give you feedback on your application and may invite you to reapply in the next grants round. Appeals may be made where applicants disagree with grant decisions or conditions. Appeals must be lodged within one month of the date of the original decision or conditional approval, in writing, with the Grants team. A clear statement of the grounds on which the appeal is based should accompany the formal appeal.