World Week for Peace in Palestine and Israel
The 2018 World Week for Peace 16 - 23 September
This year’s theme is Youth and Children: Raising Hope and Making Change. Youth and children are the ones who suffer the most in conflicts and under occupation. They are also the ones who will hold the future of Palestine and Israel in their hands, the ones we pray will grow up with peace and prosperity.
Prayer, study and action resources are available here http://paxchristi.org.uk/campaigns/israel-and-palestine/world-week-for-peace-in-pi/
The 2017 World Week for Peace 17 - 24 September
Voices of the young…visions for the future
A week of education, prayer and action for peace in Palestine & Israel, initiated by the World Council of Churches.
These resources have been produced by a working group in the UK for the World Week for Peace in Palestine and Israel. The group includes representatives from:
Amos Trust / Baptist Union of Great Britain / Church of Scotland / Council of Lutheran Churches / Ecumenical Accompaniment Programme in Palestine & Israel
Embrace the Middle East / Friends of Sabeel UK / Kairos Britain
Methodist Church in Britain/ Pax Christi UK / Quakers in Britain
United Reformed Church-Commitment for Life
- Liturgy Why is this year different? produced for the Week by Jan Sutch Pickard.
- Prayer Where are you God? by Jan Sutch Pickard
- World Council of Churches action, '68 words', that could form part of a service or gathering
Stories of young people from Palestine and Israel
Voices of the young Powerpoint with testimonies from young people. Could be used within the liturgy or each slide could be printed and enlarged to create a small exhibition.
Additional stories - A4 presentations
- From Saif , Dar al Kalim School,Evangelical Lutheran School - Beit Sahour
- From Bashar, Dar al Kalim School, Evangelical Lutheran School - Beit Sahour
- From Wadie, Lutheran School, Ramallah
Videos of children and young people talking about their lives and experiences
- My name is Sahel, an NUT project, daily life of a child in Hebron, Palestine
- Just like us : film of young people from schools in Nazareth, Israel
- Speech given by Noam Shuster, young Israeli woman, from the Israel-Arab village of Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam, Israel
- Noa Gur Golan, young Israeli woman who became a Conscientious Objector in 2017
- Ameer Sarhan, Leen abn Ajamiyyen, Lutheran School, Ramallah