About Global Relationships
Global Relationships facilitates, maintains and develops the relationships between Partner Churches throughout the world and the Methodist Church in Britain at all levels.
In doing so we play our part in:-
• transforming the world through God's love,
• establishing a confident church that motivates to share God's love and
• is enabling people to be part of a worldwide family.
We do this through people, money and prayer by the:-
• movement of people across cultures, countries and continents to work alongside, share and experience the 'other', and to learn and develop from such encounters
• sharing of financial resources to equip churches for mission, ministry and church growth
• production and sharing of resources which 'tell the story' to enable informed prayer and learning of places and people where a first-hand encounter is not possible.
In everything we do we strive to:-
• work as broadly as possible across the Connexional team, All We Can (AWC, formerly known MRDF), Methodist Independent Schools Trust (MIST) and ecumenically to ensure a global perspective is embedded throughout the churches activities
• be effective and responsible stewards of historical funds, live income, assets and resources
We work with sixty Partner Churches worldwide in four geographical areas:-
• as well as with the Methodist Church in Ireland and Middle East
What is a Mission Partner?
Mission is about sharing, giving and receiving. A mission partner is someone who feels called by God to serve in another part of the world church. He or she must be a Christian and be willing to go and serve wherever God directs usually for a period of between one and six years, accountable to the receiving church. This may mean working with limited resources, living without electricity or running water and possibly becoming fluent in another language.
Whilst there is no doubt that being a mission partner demands a huge commitment, it is also a privilege. Mission partners receive a lot from the people with whom they live and work. They gain a new insight into God, new perspectives on their Christian faith and greater confidence in their own ability to share their faith and skills. They also experience first-hand the joy of belonging to a Church which extends throughout the world.
Former mission partners
Read about our past mission partners here. Read archived newsletters from mission partners who have served all around the world.
If you are interested in Developing Partnerships Links with Overseas churches, find out more here
Got any questions?
Email the Global Relationships office on email@example.com