Advanced Module Face to Face 2019 Edition (Participants)
This Creating Safer Space Advanced Module course is split into three parts:
- Essential preparation (1 hour 30 minutes)
- Core learning session (4 hours)
- Handbook (a resource for further study)
The aim of the Advanced Module is to consolidate and develop your previous safeguarding learning and to:
- explore what this means in your designated role of responsibility within the Church
- further equip you with skills and resources to be confident in promoting good practice in the Church and community
- extend your understanding of responding well to different groups within the Church community.
Engagement with all three elements of the Advanced Module will enable you to meet these aims.
These materials are made available for general interest. More detailed trainer notes and the Power Point are available from District Safeguarding Officers. No-one should deliver this material without having had access to these additional notes.
The training should not be undertaken by anyone without agreement from the District Safeguarding Group.
Please note that these materials have been specifically designed for use in the Methodist Church. You are free to download and use them in your own church but please ensure that the Methodist Church source is acknowledged. This should read ©Trustees for Methodist Church Purposes 2011.
Essential Preparation 2019 Edition
The preparatory work contained within this section is an essential part of the overall learning for this course. It underpins the core learning session and it aims to provide an introductory exploration of some of the course content.
Participant Handbook 2019 Edition
This handbook contains additional information that builds on material covered during the essential preparation and core learning sections. It also provides you with some suggested resources for further learning and development, and points you to some potentially helpful organisations.
Required Attendance list Updated Oct 2019
Who is this training for?