08 April 2021
The Methodist Podcast Episode 54: Prayer
In this week's podcast we consider prayer.
We hear what defines prayer from The Revd Carole Irwin, Director of Studies at Wesley House. The Revd Dr Roger Walton discusses prayer and Methodism and we talk to experts about three distinct types of prayer; liturgical, meditative and extemporary.
- Introduction - Gail, Andy and Kate tell us where, why and how they pray
- 2 mins 50 seconds: Revd Carole Irwin, Director of Studies at Wesley House Cambridge considers how we define prayer
- 11 mins 10 seconds: The Revd Dr Roger Walton on Methodism, prayer and the Methodist Way of Life
- 21 mins 10 seconds: The Revd Mark Rowland, an expert on liturgy and prayer
- 25 mins 22 seconds: Local preacher Wilma Le Moighnan discusses meditative prayer
- 30 mins 03 seconds: the Revd Kathryn Stephens, considers extemporary prayer