(Image above courtesy of MOD)
The Methodist Forces Board (MFB) exists to oversee the work of the Methodist Church in relation to the Armed Forces and Cadet Forces and to encourage engagement across the connexion with the Armed Forces Covenant. Significant aspects of this work are:
- the process of discernment, selection and oversight of ministers who are sensing a call to Forces chaplaincy;
- the general oversight of the work of those who are appointed to serve as Reserve Chaplains, Officiating Chaplains, and Cadet Force Chaplains;
- providing information, advice and guidance to the senior Chaplain in each service and the Ministry of Defence with regards to Methodist Chaplains and Methodist serving personnel;
- raising the profile of ministry in the Armed Forces with local churches and circuits, particularly as churches may contain family members of serving personnel;
- encouraging local church engagement with Chaplains in service to the Armed Forces community.
You will find on these webpages information for those who are discerning a call to Forces chaplaincy, information about the Armed Forces Covenant and the Armed Forces community, and a growing set of resources to help Chaplains and churches in their work with the Armed Forces.
A good place to start is this resource offering insight into the day to day work of our Forces Chaplains, which can be downloaded here.
For all matters relating to Methodist Forces Chaplaincy please contact:
The Revd Dr Chrissie Howe - Secretary of the Forces Board
Telephone: 0779 9902 568
The Methodist Forces Board
Armed Forces Chaplaincy
Cadet Force Chaplaincy
Want to learn more about the Armed Forces community?
Armed Forces route to become a Worship Leader or Local Preacher