We believe that each person has a calling: a calling from God to follow Christ and a calling to serve in the Church and in the world. In this calling and serving we live life in all its fullness. The ministries team is here to enable each person in their discernment and service. We look forward to working with you.
Paul Wood, Interim Director of the Ministries Team
The ministries team exists to equip the Methodist Church by training, developing and supporting those called by God to serve in lay and ordained ministry.
- to oversee the processes of vocational discernment and training for lay and ordained ministries
- to celebrate the vocational call and ensure our processes are enabling all ministries
- to equip those in ministry to witness to the transformative power of the gospel
- to resource, support and encourage ongoing theological reflection and ministry development
- to develop the worshipping life of the Methodist Church as a response to Our Calling
Called to Ordained Ministry?
Candidating for Ministry
Competencies for Ministry
Continuing Development in Ministry
Conversations on Ministry during Covid and beyond
Flexible Working for Ministers
Mental Health and Wellbeing for Ministers
Ministerial Development Review (MDR)
Ministers of other Churches [and Conferences]
Reflective and conversation spaces
Worship: Leading & Preaching