Domestic Abuse Webinar: Thursday 25 November 2021
The Methodist Church recently held a second domestic abuse webinar on Thursday 25 November 2021. The Connexional Safeguarding Team put together a packed programme to continue its objective to highlight and address the issue of domestic abuse. The webinar was timely as the date is also the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
We had a number of prominent speakers as follows:
- The Revd Sonia Hicks - The President of the Methodist Conference
- Ian McNicholl - A survivor and also an ambassador for the charity Men Reaching Out who has been on a number of TV programmes including BBC Breakfast, Sky News and Loose Women to tell his story
- Bekah Legg - Chief Executive Officer of Restored which is a Christian domestic abuse charity
- Rosemary - A survivor who powerfully illustrates her story
- The Revd Henry Lewis - Chair of the Safeguarding Committee for the Methodist Church
There was a panel facilitated by District Safeguarding Officer Becky Skinner and there was an opportunity to pose questions.
Date: 25th November 2021 Time: 10.00 am to 12.00 noon (including a break).