Junior Mission for All

 The JMA promise is to: 

Learn, pray and serve  with the worldwide Church of Jesus Christ.


J
unior Mission for All (JMA) was created so that children would be able to learn about and support the mission of the Church in a fun, creative and engaging way. It is also about sharing the insights of God's people all over the world with children in our churches.

JMA is part of the Methodist Church’s mission programme. Children and young people raise funds for JMA to support the Methodist Church’s World Mission Fund and Mission in Britain Fund.

Last year, JMA collectors raised well over £97,000. Of this, 80% went to the World Mission Fund to help 60 Partner Churches in Africa, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, Asia and the Pacific. The other 20% supported Methodist mission projects across the UK.

Important Notice

Dear JMA secretary, Publication of the Rainbow Easter edition was well underway as the lockdown due to the coronavirus crisis came into force. We fully appreciate you will not be able to share these copies of Rainbow yet, as you usually would. Kindly hold on to your copies of the magazine until the lockdown restrictions end and it is safe for you to distribute these magazines. Do not make unnecessary journeys to distribute them – please stay at home and stay safe until after the coronavirus crisis is over. Then, we hope you will be able to use the magazines to reconnect with your JMA members, and share the good news of what God is doing through the Methodist people at home and around the world. Please feel free to share with your JMA group the PDF version of the magazine available on this page, which they can read online or download to their desktop.


Rainbow magazine

Rainbow is the JMA magazine telling inspiring stories about mission around Britain, Ireland and the world, from a child’s point of view.

Download the latest copy of Rainbow Magazine!

High-Res version  
Low-Res version

To order your free copies, visit www.methodistpublishing.org.uk


In the current edition:

Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming and the sun is shining – summer is finally here! And this sunny edition of Rainbow is all about caring for this beautiful planet that God has created for us. 

In this issue, you can read some super stories about:

 - Fasil in Ethiopia:  We hear how All We Can has been helping ten-year-old Fasil and his family grow a type of potato that survives in all sorts of weather – it’s Super Spud!

- Kids Against Plastic: Amy (16) and Ella (14) are two energetic sisters who have started up their own charity to cut down on plastic waste. They have even written a book to inspire other young people to take action!

- Our past and present Youth Presidents speak out: Thelma and Phoebe share what they have been doing to protect our planet and give us some tips on how we can play our part.  

- Eco Church: Stratford upon Avon Methodist Church has received an Eco Church Gold Award for the work they have done to cut down on their use of electricity and reduce climate change. Could your church do the same?

- Super Work, Soulmates: JMA Ireland tells us about an environmentally-friendly event that they recently held.

- Awesome activities: Take our leaf challenge to help our wonderful planet, try out ‘colour by numbers’ to reveal an Ethiopian animal, colour in our hero, Super Spud, and make your own environmentally-friendly JMA Saving Box!

Here are some more games and activities for you to download and print:

Make your own Saving Box 

Are you ready to do our Turning Over a New Leaf challenge? 

Colour in you very own Super Spud! 

Colour by numbers: Ethiopian Lion 

Watch the video about Fasil in Ethiopia. Video thanks to All We Can.

Two energetic sisters, Amy and Ella, give us some tips on how we can reduce plastic waste.

You can find out more on their website

 

We'd love to hear from you. Please print out our 'Over to You' form, fill it in and post it back to us.

To receive our JMA newsletter and keep up-to-date with JMA news, please sign up here.

 

Share this

Next