This booklet is for you to record the names of people who will sponsor you as you collect for mission through JMA.
After you print it, simply fold along the dotted lines. An extra column has been added to the “Week” column to cater for longer months, which go over four weeks. The Record Sheet only needs to be printed out once every four months.
- Ask people at your church, as well as friends and relatives, to give a regular donation to JMA. This donation could be a small amount given each week/month, or a larger amount given once a year. Write their name in the subscribers’ column with the amount they are willing to give.
- Put your name down too and try to give some of your own pocket money. A few pence (5p or 10p) each week soon mounts up!
- Your JMA secretary will collect the money you have received from your sponsors. Make a special time to give the money in regularly, e.g. the first Sunday of the month, or whichever is the most suitable for everyone concerned.
The JMA promise is to: Learn, pray and serve with the worldwide Church of Jesus Christ.
- The ‘learning’ aspect of JMA usually happens by using the Rainbow magazine.
- The magazine helps children to learn about projects that are supported by the World Mission Fund and Mission in Britain Fund.
- To help children to see themselves on a global map, as part of the Methodist family worldwide. Download the 3Generate 365 toolbox.
- To encourage the children’s groups and those leading all age worship to pray about the Church in many parts of the world.
- To arrange an annual service, maybe during the autumn, to thank all the JMA collectors for their hard work. You can use the JMA Commissioning Service liturgy and present the JMA collectors with their JMA badges and certificates.
- Use the JMA saving boxes to raise money for JMA. Make your own saving box.
- In some churches JMA collectors bring their boxes to morning worship on a rota basis and invite contributions. If the JMA Secretary empties the boxes on a regular basis, this prevents them being lost or forgotten about.
- It is important that children DO NOT collect door to door as this is illegal.
JMA donations (page 3 of this JMA Commissioning Service Leaders Notes)
Donation Form (to use with cheques sent by post)
Order JMA Resources
Including certificates, badges, Target Chart, Prayer Cards and JMA Service
Look on the Methodist Publishing website
Tel. 0845 017 8220